View Single Post
      10-04-2015, 09:02 AM   #29
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 430d Coupe

Hi guys,

This post may turn out to be a long one. I'll try not to bore you.

Well this weekend was eventful Okay, I've not purchased anything yet but I'm still a very happy chappy. Had the 428i since yesterday morning, just returned it midday today. That car is simply amazing. Well for me, having being stuck with a 1.4l petrol Megane for 5 years now, the 428i is heavenly! Haha. It was a Mineral Grey model with the M Sport Plus package. It also had a sunroof, the Extended Storage pack, Adaptive Headlights, and possibly one or two other little things which I can't quite remember. Not the same spec I'd go for but it was more to help me decide on which engine I'd go for.

I found the auto box perfect. Shifts were near enough instant using the paddles, and it was otherwise just a very good drive. The engine was really nice also. I felt it to have more than enough power for myself for the time being, and the ride was definitely like nothing I've been in on the road before. It didn't have Adaptive M Sport Suspension which was something I originally thought I'd want after seeing quite a few people mention it here on the forums, however I really didn't feel like the ride was bad at all. It was more than comfortable enough even on some rather rough roads, so that is an option I personally can do without. I'm definitely glad I drove a car without the adaptive suspension as it was something I personally thought I'd need after driving a very soft Megane for so long, which I've been told numerous times that it's a rather comfortable car to be in.

Exterior looks are of course going to be different for everybody so there's not too much to say about other than I really do love the 4 Series shape (if you hadn't known already ). One thing that did surprise me was how many looks it got! I noticed a lot of people looking and actually we went over to Land Rover to have a look at the Evoque (for the lady, which she ended up hating the interior of) and there was a young man who was leaving the showroom with his parents and he was staring for a good few minutes

The interior is a very nice place to be. I love how low the car feels and it does feel like a wide car too which I quite like. The seats were not overly comfortable but they weren't too hard either. I think they were more than adequate for the type of car the 4 Series is. The HK sound system was beautiful, and unfortunately I didn't get a lot of time to turn it up as I've not been too well and had a bit of a headache lingering all day yesterday. But I'm definitely happy with the sound system as I'm quite particular on sound quality.

My only issue with the 428i is the fuel consumption. I had reset the trip computer just after leaving the dealership and when handing it back today it averaged just 26mpg! It was a new car with only 300 odd miles on the clock and I understand they get better after a few thousand miles however I don't think I'd be seeing anything better than 35mpg. And I'm not a heavy footed driver at all. I did have the car in Eco-Pro a few times and the majority of the time it was in comfort. Of course I did have a little play with sport mode but I'd say about 90% of the time was Comfort mode. So that's got me leaning more towards the 430d a little, however Adam (salesman) did say not to make up my mind without having test driven both vehicles as I may dislike the diesel compared with the petrol in that style of car.

I was initially supposed to go for a test drive in the 430d yesterday afternoon however Adam was out all week and he was unable to arrange a 430d or the 320d GT which the lady is after. He's back in all week now and so he's trying to get both those vehicles booked in for us for next Saturday and hopefully we'll be taking it from there.

Overall I'm very happy with the car and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a half decent price on it also, whether that be from Sytner Sutton Coldfield or Riaz. It's just down to whether I'm happy enough with the diesel or whether I have to stick to the petrol and just take the slightly lower mpg that it returns.

I don't think there'll be anything new happening during the week so I shall update you guys after Saturday next weekend. Of course, feel free to leave any comments/advise after having read this rather long post haha. Oh, and I took a picture of it which I've attached to this post. Hopefully I've attached it the correct way and it shows up. I did quite like the Mineral Grey to be honest. Alpine White just edges it for me I think though. We shall see.

Regards, Asif.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0