View Single Post
      01-06-2022, 11:51 PM   #175
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobz_au View Post
So thought i would share my excitement. I got into motorsport back in 2013 when I bought a new 2012 Toyota 86. Had a friend who did some track events so he dragged me along. I got hooked and shortly after got a Mazda RX8 that I converted to track duties. It was an awesome car and handled so well. But I knew i was on borrowed time having a rotary so decided to sell. Got myself an R34 skyline. This required a lot of work as it did not want to go around a corner! Ended up with 450HP at the wheels and every part of the suspension changed. Ended up being a great car but sold it as the prices went up and I didn't want a car worth that much used as a track car.

That leads me to now! was a decision between a BMW or a Mazda MX-5. got the BMW as I wanted a balance of power and rear wheel drive. Had a look at the 135i, 235i and 335i. Found a good deal and am now the proud owner of a 2012 335i.

Car came with some mods, ebay wagner rip off intercooler, VRSF charge pipe, VRSF catless downpipe and a set of enkei springs. It also had recently had the transmission serviced, the predicable cooler pipes replaced and overall was quite clean.

Have bought the following and will install them over the next few weeks:
-KW V3 Coilovers (Someone bought them and didn't use them and sold them second hand for half price. Decided for the price, these were good enough!)
-VRSF high flow cat (I hate the fumes from the catless)
-Ferodo DS Uno Front Pads (i have the 340mm front brakes)
-Upgraded 345mm rear brakes with DS2500 pads
-VTT Crank Bolt Capture Kit
-VTT Crank Seal Protector plate
-Koya 18*9 +30 wheels on order with some 245/35 RE71RS tyres

Into the future I am looking at doing
-BMS Intake
-BM3 Stage 2 tune
-H&R Sway Bars
-Msport front bar

Really looking forward to getting it out on track, first event is a local hillclimb on 21 November where I want to run it as stock as possible, so i can measure how the mods are impacting the car.

The car will be a track/weekend car.

Here is a very boring picture of the car as at today.
Had a chance to take the V3s on track/autocross yet?
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 1