View Single Post
      12-04-2018, 07:47 AM   #68
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
If BMW were to warranty any resulting damage from a "BMW compatible" item, there's no point to purchase a Genuine BMW part at all. It wouldn't make sense.
Man, you can go on believing that. I told you I worked for an OEM and a supplier. No matter how much you think it doesn't work like that, it does. There is no point to buying OEM. The only reason people do is because they are stuck in a mindset like yours or they just don't know that there are other options. BMW is REQUIRED BY LAW to support other options so that it is more fair to the consumer. All you really need is appropriate paperwork and receipts to show that you followed the recommended maintenance. There are virtually 0 parts that only have 1 option for use. Everything from tires to fluids to suspension to powertrain.

Look at it another way. What really wouldn't make sense is BMW allowing other companies to make parts to their design and with their tooling to undercut their sales on OEM parts. If they weren't required by law, they would be suing and shutting down all of the companies selling parts with their part numbers.

If you still don't believe me, that's up to you. But I'm presenting facts man. They got one thing right on this one, so I would hope more people would want to be aware. But ultimately our free maintenance seems to coincide with the warranty period more or less, so there is little to no reason to pay for either option under warranty.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 1
Kingpin4386.50