03-14-2015, 08:04 PM   #81
Chris@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
i need some assistance fellas.... So bear in mind I'm only doing the Rear PDC at this time (only time i can get out of the house right now, so doing this phases)

So i finally coded my car today for the 1st time w/ ESys.. i added some features i've been wanting for a while..

I added option 507 & I only VO coded the REM module... when i put the car in reverse nothing happens.. however if i backup near something i get audible alerts... just no images on the screen. I also don't have an option to edit the volume for the PDC.

I didn't code the ICM too. I find it odd that i had a similar problem as Koch92 (meaning we both didn't do the VO code at all). He coded both the REM & ICM & at least he was getting something on his display. He didn't look like he had Nav. I only did the REM as it was suggesting that ICM shouldn't be related if not doing front PDC at the same time. Wonder if I need to code the ICM too???

I noticed that Roxxor said he coded all the ECU's to be on the save side. I would really prefer not to do that as I would have to code everything over again.

When i watch the video by Token he points out that if you use the Code option you will set that module back to they way it was from the factory. He makes out like you should never use that option & most definitely never use Code default.

Is there a different between "Read SVT & Read ECU"? I did Read ECU, activated FA w/ option 507 changes & then right clicked on REM --> Code. Is that different that Read SVT??? I'm so close but yet so far away..)...
try VO coding your head unit (either hu_cic Hu_entry or hu_cic) as well.
i had to do that for someones car with pdc retrofitted

read SVT means you are reading the ECU's based on your VO (vehicle order) codes this does not check to see if the ECU is actually available.
read ECU means you read the ACTUAL ECUs plugged into your car.

Also judging by the install manual from BMW (if you get front pdc) you need to run a wire from the switch to the ICM module. in that case you may need to code icm as well. as it may not be programmed to take any input from that pin until you tell it to.
Appreciate 1