View Single Post
      03-02-2019, 07:54 AM   #38
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
With some aggressive throttle, I have no issues doing controlled slides with x-drive. I do get a bit of understeer on corners, but there is a lot of body roll at the front which could be fixed with upgraded sways.

So once this mod is done, you basically have a 1WD car? I don't know of any LSD options for the x-drive (might be wrong, but haven't seen any).
All of the current lsd options will fit an xdrive car. We use the same rear end as rwd. The difference is only in the front (tcase, axles, a few suspension components).

Since xdrive is rear biased and sends power back there all the time, and to the front to a max of 40% in slippage situations, I don't believe an lsd would cause us any issues. It is perfectly fine in Audi cars, but they use a front and rear locking diff. We would just be using a single rear locking diff.

For eg. Since the rear would only slip a maximum of ~30% xdrive may then send only a max of 30% to the front axles. With xDelete that would never occur and all power would go to the rear, with a max slippage of 30%. Correct me where wrong.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0