09-23-2020, 03:12 PM   #9
sykesda
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael340i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltos12 View Post
I was hoping to catch someone on here who has done the swap and can say if there is coding required or not.
I have done the swap and no coding was needed. Mine is an April 2018 car, and was lucky enough to find a January 2018 panel with the heated seat buttons, I swapped the panels and drove around with that for a few weeks whilst I sourced everything else needed. Everything worked, no faults were indicated at any time.

It looks like you need a panel from the same approximate date as your car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael340i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltos12 View Post
I was hoping to catch someone on here who has done the swap and can say if there is coding required or not.
I have done the swap and no coding was needed. Mine is an April 2018 car, and was lucky enough to find a January 2018 panel with the heated seat buttons, I swapped the panels and drove around with that for a few weeks whilst I sourced everything else needed. Everything worked, no faults were indicated at any time.

It looks like you need a panel from the same approximate date as your car
I know this was a while ago but did you retrofit heated seats? I'm in the process of doing this but the wires I've just received don't seem to be long enough to reach from the seat module to the fuse box and rem? Any tips?
Appreciate 0