08-11-2018, 02:58 PM   #40
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-c View Post
Just finished at DMS and the results are rather impressive.

372.2bhp mppsk
444.3bhp remapped
Not all dynos perform equally, or are set up accurately. In my experience of the same car on 4 dynos, all Dyno Dynamics, (BW Chiptune, DMS, Evolve, SRR) : two gave almost the same results (2bhp difference) - call that the baseline; one gave results at 20bhp below baseline; one gave results 20bhp above baseline.

I'll leave it to your imagination as to which is which.

Either way, the remap on your 440i is giving good figures. The increase on the day, with the same dyno parameters, is what matters.

The thing I like about DMS is their custom remap capabilities and aftercare.

The remap has performed really well and with no reliability issues (fuelling, smooth running, etc). Adjusting the fuelling at a specific rpm range helped to virtually cure the harsh ignition at low rpm and light load which can affect the 30d units.

They have reinstalled the remap after the dealer carried out an unauthorised software update - exactly as they said they would do.

I've been to see them for some assistance with fault-finding and code reading, and they were very helpful.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0