View Single Post
      06-19-2019, 09:32 AM   #376
deadserial
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 320ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mupet0000 View Post
I am looking into getting an 8.8 inch screen for my F20 LCI2. It's a brand new car with the standard nav so it has HU_ENTRYNAV2.

Based on reading various threads (mostly this one) and searching around I have formed an understanding of how to perform the retrofit but I would like to clarify a few things. First let me lay out my understanding based on my LCI2 car:
  • Get an 8.8 inch screen Part no. (6550)6822626 and follow this tutorial video to remove the trim, remove old display and install the new display, ignoring any other parts of the video.
  • Code:
    3005 DISPLAY_PIP_CONFIG. 
    CID_DISPLAY_SIZE set to 8_8
    CID_DISPLAY_RES = 1240_480
    DISPLAY_VARIANTE = breites_display

Simple as that. Now I would like to clarify if the touch screen Part No. 684412604 works in this retrofit? If you option Pro Nav on an F20 LCI2 it does come with a touch screen unit, I am assuming it would be this one. So based on that I assume it would work.

This retrofit seems incredibly easy and is a good saving from the £900 option price on the F20 for Pro Nav.

Thank you to everyone in this thread providing information and advice, without you guys we would be stuck with our business nav screens!
I just did this on my 2018 f30 with the 2626 screen and it worked perfectly. I think I may be trading my car in and am selling the screen. Let me know if you're interested! Edit: nevermind, international shipping wouldn't be cheap.
Appreciate 0