05-02-2020, 11:46 AM   #24
_das_bae_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuradile View Post
I completely agree on the drilling part but you still have two more alternatives if you're interested.

One is the good old-fashioned double-sided tape. Works wonders, that's what I'm running right now.

On my previous car I had this: Plate bracket. It's a lot cheaper than the Mill one and it's possible to attach this one to the lower grill of the bumper without any drilling using two drywall anchors. Cheap, effective and has a small footprint. I had it on for almost 5 years, it stood up very well to all the abuse including car washes and 140mph sprints on the Autobahn.

The only thing to keep in mind is that since if flexes a bit you should pad the back of the plate so if it's pushed against the bumper it won't scratch it.
Ehhh...to be honest it doesn't really bother me how it is. I looked up some pics of the plate on the center and feel like it looks way better if a Europlate than the US one. But I do appreciate the suggestions, maybe if I change my mind one day I'll look into it more. Thanks!
Appreciate 0