Thread: 335i-->RS3
View Single Post
      09-29-2017, 06:09 PM   #51
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Woah guys lol i was just saying bye didn't want to stir controversy!

Look I know Audis have issues too, I'm not blind. That's also why I got a maintenance plan (dealer Included through 50k), and got a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty (that Audi will void if I even try a simple APR flash since diesel gate has made them highly flash count sensitive).

I cross shopped M2 (new) and a used M3.

I really felt after 5 years of the F30 (tracking and daily driving), that BMW's tech was a little behind and the QC issues my new F30 (2012 model), left me a little sick of driving back to the dealer as much as I did. The virtual cockpit is sick, and the seats and alcantara are lush.

With that said at least I test drove 2015 M3s. I needed 4 doors and something sick fast. This RS3 will cook most M3s and even CP M3s...The AWD just hooks up. In a straight line. In the turns I'm not inspired but I figure oh well how often am I driving around Lime Rock or NJMP lightning. All said I got it for $59,246, much cheaper than a new M3.

It's 4 inches more cramped inside, my son's car seat fits but in reverse he's literally right on me. Once he's forward facing it'll be all good. It was horrible in the M2, so that was ruled out. And of course fine in the M3, since the dimensions are same as my old 335i F30.

I'm not a fanboy, I love the BMW brand and will miss the handling for sure, but am intrigued about the RS3 and enjoy the new features (LED lighting, virtual cockpits, MMI, apple car play, beautiful interior seating), but am annoyed about the slight loss in interior space and the manual seating (lol).

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 3
cjack29.50
TBN54426.50
gds52886.00