jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i XDrive Luxury Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgearLA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
VERY well said! Since I cannot plus and only "appreciate" the post, here's a +1 anyway
haha yeah its a double edge sword when you have any car that is subjectively and objectively "nice". I really do care about it cuz of myself, not really cuz of what others will think... especially living in LA... I don't have a Veyron, P1,a 911 or even my own property. So I am never going to be able to compete with that level of rich and nonchalant. Even leasing my cars I take care of them like mint- whoever ends up buying out my off-lease car doesn't know how lucky they are. I mean i even will get bumps, scratches and defects fixed as they happen.

I remember getting my first luxury car, a Lexus IS250 like 9 years ago and that meant the world to me. It's all perspective, some of us are fortunate to have less to appreciate the more. I'll drive my cars and sometimes sportingly but I wont abuse or run it into the ground.
You know how it works, haha. I still find my 2002 Maxima the best car I owned until this one and am glad I decided to sell it to my father as he just wanted a set of reliable wheels and I knew I took care of it. Hell, I even treated my soccer mom minivan well seeing as I paid 300 for it at the time then dumped 3k into it. Honestly do you think I cared what people thought at the time? I pimped the hell out of it and enjoyed every moment as many kids didn't have a car then lol. I grew up learning to appreciate whatever I have, even if it is pure s**t!

Same with the spirited driving; of all cars I've had, this one is actually designed for it lol.

That seat was meant to be used, are you going to deny it's purpose in life?
Appreciate 0