11-22-2016, 04:52 AM   #20
oceanview
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 335i F31 RWD Autom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC View Post
When you see the yellow dash light coming on in Normal/Sport, that's the DSC intervening. The eLSD is not active in Normal, Sport or Sport+, it's only active in DSC-off mode (hold down DSC button for 5+ seconds). eLSD is merely the application of ABS to retard the spinning of the wheel that's losing traction... which is really a subset of the full suite of activities involved in DSC. In other words, it's one of the other.

Since LSDs/ATB diffs improve traction, they do help keep DSC from intervening, and also reduce the effect of the eLSD in DSC-off mode.

As far as coding-out eLSD, I would be interesting in doing this if it were possible, as I'm really not a fan of this system at all. When I choose to go beyond the intervention thresholds of Sport+ I'd really rather have ALL nannies off!
DVC
I start to get confused now. Reading the Owner's Manual I see the following:
DSC Dynamic Stability Control
The concept
DSC prevents traction loss in the driving wheels when driving away and accelerating.
DSC also recognizes unstable vehicle conditions, such as fishtailing or nose-diving.

My understanding:
DSC "on" actually blocks wheel spin completely by reducing throttle power
DSC "on" and then also switching DTC "on" gives you more wheel spin (this setting is only available in "Comfort mode")
DSC and DTC are blocking the rear wheels with brake activities. "eLSD?"

Switching DSC "off" with holding the DSC will eliminate DSC and DTC function.
So please tell me, what "feature" will control the wheel spin now?
Are you saying, that when "Comfort mode" and switching off the DSC some other undocumented electronics chime in?

My feeling i.e. when driving on snow whit DSC off is, there is nothing active regulating except ABS for braking.
Am I wrong?
335i F31 RWD in SB || Powertrain: Active Autowerke Flash Tune Stage 1 | AA Charge Pipe | AA FMIC | GFB DV+ | xHD Trans-Flash | Quaife LSD | Cyba 3.5" Carbon tips || Chassis: 20" 405M | Wiechers Strut Bar | Rear M-Diffusor || Brakes: 18" M-Perf Brake orange 370/345 | EBC YellowStuff pads all around || Various: LED bulbs: Fog-L. front | Turn Signal f&r | Brake L. | Reverse L. | Rear L. | Rear Fog L.
Appreciate 0