Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F36 Jet Black Sport Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
Many great points here and thanks for starting this OP

After owning this car for almost 2 years now and reading that sticker this morning with a "fresh mind" if you will, I'm truly wondering what justifies it at this point. 42 grand (base) and has no XM, no comfort entry or hell, not even lumbar support! And it has SensaTEC too at 47 grand?! Incentives or not, there are better options out there even at the 35-40k price point. Okay, I know we all mention the lack of features but then we can start talking about "overall satisfaction and FUN factor" which just aren't there at that price. Although I love my Bimmer a lot and plan on keeping it around for quite awhile, it might also be the last as the latest "sneak peek" I've seen on the G20 just isn't doing it for me at all nor is the 5er anymore, especially after driving one. (although the interior was nice on the G30, it completely lacked the fun factor)

Biggest issue? BMW is rear wheel drive first and AWD second. Almost every other car out there in the luxury car segment is going to be either FWD or AWD and THAT is where BMW will win the war. Audi's are pretty cars..but they don't offer a RWD only car..its quattro or FWD. No Japanese import competes currently...(The new Supra might be a RWD but only thanks to BMW. The Lexus IS series..'eh'. Top line models (350 F-sport,etc) are about as close as they can but not close enough to being a performance sedan.) GM's offerings are minimal. The ATS-V series is on death's door and no one will want one given they'll only be around maybe another year (and I love the looks and specs of that car.) Based on this ^, BMW probably feels they have their market niche and charges accordingly...even for the base models....
jeffc83725.00
natesi204.00