View Single Post
      07-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #228
300hp
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBob View Post
My 335i F30 335i is a September 2012 build. According to BMW USA, this kit is only available on November 2012 or later build 335i F30s as it does not include the newer DME which is installed on November and later F30 335i models.

Today I went to my local BMW dealer to try to order and have the MPPK installed on my September 2012 build F30 335i. They said that the Kit available at BMW USA does indeed need the newer DME than installed on my car. The dealer also told me that they would check with BMW, but said that they were uncertain if it could be done to my car. If it could be done then it might be a good deal more expensive, but they did not know how much more expensive as a new DME would have to be installed in my car.

I subsequently checked on line to find that there is indeed a kit is available at Tischer getbmwparts.com for pre-November 2012 F30 335i builds which is only $100 more in cost, there but that a new DME from Germany must also be ordered, and to allow for a couple of weeks for shipment. That is ok by me, but I do not want to order from them only to find out that there might be problems with installation at my local BMW dealer.

Has anyone in the USA that has a pre November 2012 dated 335i F30 been successful in having the MPPK installed on their car? If so how much did it cost and how much more labor is necessary to have it installed with a new DME? I am also concerned that installation with subsequent DME programming might be a cause of potential screw ups and problems down the line with my car?

Thanks and appreciated for anyone having had the MPPK installed on their pre November 2012 build 335i F30.
My car is a Sept build. I got my PPK installed in April 13, I bought the car in Dec.

I bought the PPK from getbmwparts.com and had it installed by a local BMW dealer. The installation process for pre Nov'12 builds requires a new DME that comes directly from BMW Germany coded to your VIN. I think I am the only one who got the car back after one overnight stay at the dealership, otherwise most people here got it back much later, with others taking weeks to get it back. The process involves having BMW Germany coding the car remotely.

I hope this answers all your questions

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages
Appreciate 0