06-09-2019, 03:25 PM   #112
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandurante View Post
It's a 2013MY that I've personally put 84k miles on.

Let me be clear here. Small problems and/or issues that are dealt with accordingly do not scare me or make me shy away from a brand. Overall the car has been great and I've been a car enthusiast my entire life. I've had plenty of "problematic" vehicle brands in the past. The reason I made a switch to BMW is because I knew I was quitting my corporate job and going into business for myself. I wanted a nice vehicle and it was between a newer S4 and the 328i. I couldn't justify the S4 financially and knew I wouldn't be happy in an A4 after driving Audis "higher end vehicles" previously. Plus I knew a lot of people who had issues with the Audi's 2.0 (Ironically) so between not wanting a lower end Audi and not being able to justify the $200 extra monthly payment for an S4, I choose the BMW.

I've had Audis up until I purchased this 328i. Previous to this I owned an S4 and an A8 both of which have known issues but the difference here is that Audi stepped up to the plate when they made mistakes.

To me, the most frustrating part is that this is such a widely known problem and BMW treats it as its not a huge issue.

***I Also Have An Update on the Class Action Lawsuit. I planned on pulling the motor myself and putting a new "pre-owned" motor into the vehicle. The layers told me to contact the local dealer and to tell them I know about the Lawsuit and see if they will do the work. I have to do that on Monday. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens... I have it at my buddies house so I can pull the motor if they refuse and get this thing back on the road.
Your correct to be frustrated with BMW... but I know a fact they don't need to do anything per not all owners will even so something about this and only less than fraction will do something about. You think its money wise for a car company do replace everything... they rolling the dice whoever want to file a suit.

How I know this cause Ford did the same thing with the DCT transmission on the fiesta and focus. Million of transmission on the car, class action suit got owners some money but not even close to fixing any problem. On my family part we sued individually and we won and I can't say for sure if you will on this one.... car company are buying time ....most owners are buying new car before this problem exists. I have sympathy I have a 2016 428i N26 powered. By all means they fix it they said but will keep an eye.

I research as much I can avoiding buying used pre 2015 n20/26 BMW. Hope you get something in return
Appreciate 0