01-10-2016, 05:27 PM   #32
StraightSix-d
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d Luxury (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbhp View Post
Adaptive suspension- you should feel a very clear change in damping between comfort and sport modes. Much tighter and more controlled in sport. I always use sport unless on the motorway.

You can also configure the settings in idrive so that the sport button either selects just damping (chassis), or damping and gearbox settings. I keep mine as just damping as you can always move the lever to the left if you want the sports gearbox setting. The auto box will learn your driving style and adapt to it. It's hugely impressive imo.

V annoying re lights. My dad's got a 435i Luxury and i came with xenons as standard so I'd expect the same on your car.
I definitely have Sports and Sports +, so I guess I must have the adaptive damping. It really does feel like you've got access to three different cars.

How does the auto box learn your driving style? i.e how do you know it's changing its behaviour based on your own driving style?

I generally leave it on Comfort unless I'm on a long tedious motorway stretch, when I use Eco Pro. I'm slowly exploring the capabilities of Sports and Sports +. What I really need to do is to nip over to Germany in early Spring
Review
Appreciate 0