View Single Post
      01-19-2016, 12:21 PM   #21
PappyVR4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by radm View Post
Can you tell us? I would be curious about that, too.

By the way, I have the car for a month and I am still not sure about what happens in sport when you press the DSC off versus hold it for 5 seconds and the same in sport+. In sport plus I have DSC off and when I press DSC button in shows TRACTION on the display but it seems to go out of the sport+ mode, at least with steering feel. The manual does not have enough info on that.
For the DTC/DSC button, it doesn't matter which mode you're in when you press it. It always does the following:

DTC (press) = Comfort throttle response and Comfort steering with Dynamic Traction Control on. This allows some slip and is good in snow and other times when you don't want power cut when a tiny bit of slip happens.

DSC off (hold) = Comfort throttle response and Sport steering with Dynamic Stability Control off. This allows for even more slip than DTC, but they put throttle response in comfort mode as a safety measure.

Sport+ = Sport throttle response and Sport steering with Dynamic Traction Control on. This mode functions like sport + DTC, allowing some slip but keeping sport throttle/steering.

There is no way to get sport throttle response with the DSC off.
Appreciate 0