08-15-2020, 04:35 PM   #6
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni-Rapide View Post
I also have KW Street Comfort. Bought my car with the M-Sport suspension but wanted to lower it a bit without sacrificing comfort too much.
Didn't want to go the springs only way and also required the height to be fully adjustable.
The out of the box recommended rebound setting of 9 clicks open from stiff was too soft for me, softer than M-sport. I have adjusted to 7 in front and 5 in the rear. That feels much better, maybe a bit harder/stiffer dan M-sport, not sure. Car feels like it has a little less tendency to understeer so happy about that too!

I do have to say that I think the springs have a slightly lower spring rate than the M-sport springs and sometimes when I go through a high speed corner with some bumps or dips it hits the bump stops quite hard...

Maybe I have to go a couple of clicks down more however don't want to take the rear shocks off again to adjust the rebound...
Should have gotten adjuster extensions

However happy with the comfort level and lowering, that was the goal
My KW Street Comfort coilovers were set at 9 clicks (default). Perfect setting for me at least.

The only disadvantage of KW Street Comfort coilovers is the placement of control knob on the top of the shock. It should have been on the bottom to ease the process of tuning the shock behavior.
Appreciate 0