View Single Post
      08-25-2016, 10:06 PM   #1
kpeng
Banned
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport + E30 Super ETA

Kpeng's $200 eBay Intercooler Experience

EL CHAMO recently posted about an intercooler for our cars that he found on eBay. $196.50 for what appears to be a Wagner replica. I went ahead and bought one and received it in the mail today. It was double packed, lined with foam, and very well packaged. When I opened it up, I was a bit surprised by the quality of it. Many aftermarket parts like these are designed in the US but sent to the same few factories in Taiwan. As a result, some times these factories (and their country's lax patent/copyright laws) will modify the designs slightly and sell it themselves. I have no doubts the seller on eBay (yellowspeed) got ahold of one of these factories and bought some.

Here's a brief video I made showing the intercooler up close. At one point, a ladybug crawled on my arm and scared the shit out of me...please disregard those 2 seconds of minor freakout. Pressure tests will be done soon, I'll report back on those.

Stay tuned...

**UPDATE 9/17/2016**

I can get some more data logs soon with some hard pulls, but this is the full log from a 20 minute drive today in some stop and go traffic, 60 mph cruising, and a couple semi-hard pulls.

Ambient temperature was 92 degrees. For the most part, IATs were around the 100-110 degrees mark. Car felt absolutely great.

Here's a link to the full log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw_...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by kpeng; 09-18-2016 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 6