04-06-2018, 01:56 AM   #156
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
It's my understanding that the Torque app won't really give you true boost numbers as it's reading the boost data directly from the DME. Since the DME is being tricked by tunes and piggybacks into seeing lower than actual boost, the boost being reported is lower than actual.

As for dyno numbers, there is VERY little difference in variability between Dynojet numbers. That's what makes the Dynojet so great for comparing dyno numbers.

Assuming 1) the car isn't have an issue (i.e., heat soak, some sort of tuning or mechanical issue, other drivetrain changes); 2) the correction factors are the same (i.e., SAE and STD); and 3) the correction factors aren't extreme (i.e., excessively low or high ambient heat/humidity), you can compare the numbers on two different Dynojets and draw some realistic conclusions if something is gaining power or not. Using the same Dynojet is ideal, but the dyno is incredibly simple in it's design. As the operator, you cannot manipulate the power readings like you can with other Dynos. You can mess around with correction factors, but that's easy to see as the user.

Now what I've noticed be the stock runs and current modded runs is that stock was corrected to SAE and the modded to STD. It's a fact that STD numbers are a bit higher (~3-4%) than SAE corrected numbers. I will say that raichen's stock numbers are pretty high for a non-MPPK equipped EWG N55. Most EWG non-MPPK cars make around ~280whp and ~300twq on the Dynojet. Most MPPK EWG N55s see ~300whp and ~320wtq on the Dynojet. The 6MT cars will see fractionally higher numbers.
came here to say this. The difference between SAE and STD is 2.5%
Appreciate 0