View Single Post
      06-01-2016, 09:07 PM   #52
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by brissim View Post
As with a couple of people here it really does amuse me the dislike others have for the 3 GT. IMO what it really boils down to is whether you like hatchbacks or not.

When we get our Australian specifications and pricing (next week I've read elsewhere), we'll certainly be looking at this as a possible replacement for our 5 year old F25 X3 30d. For me the appeal is :-
1. with the higher ground clearance, its much easier to get in/out of. Read somewhere the seat is 59mm (2.3 in) higher than the standard 3 Series.
2. higher profile tyres (for any given wheel size) than the standard 3 Series gives a more comfortable ride
3. Despite it being a hatchback/liftback, the boot has more volume (both with seat up or down) than the 3 Series wagon.
4. Rear seat legroom is close to the 7 Series thanks to the 100mm longer wheel base (and 200mm longer overall length) than the 3 Series.

The way I look at it you are getting a 5 Series size car for a price a little more than a 3 Series. Its basically a cross between a 3 series wagon and an X3 SUV.

Tony

ps - why isn't this thread in the F34 section?
Not true. Going to get a 440GC which is a hatchback. The GT just looks akward and ugly as others here have stated. On the other hand I do see the utility of the vehicle as you have mentioned, just can't overlook the styling.
Appreciate 0