View Single Post
      12-20-2017, 03:00 AM   #18
enemigo13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 LCI 440xi citrineblack

I have a question. Is it possible to write my own modified 4MB file bin with BM3 in case I don't need any of BM3 tunes/editors etc, just need obd writing ability. Or should I wait for MHD for F series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Copy n Pasting what they wrote on F80's thread

Hey guys, really sorry for lack of updates here as most of our staff is away until Jan. 2nd and we're trying our best given the holidays.

BM3 OBD unlock is coming very soon. While away on non-stop 15 hour flights we've managed to kill lots of time by expanding our DME Read feature that's part of the Diagnostics screen. It hasn't yet been pushed out as we don't want to break something unexpectedly until we're fully staffed again come week of Jan. 2nd. If you've followed our updates through the initial BM3 release back in late 2015 early 2016 you'd know that given how most of this work reverse engineering, sometimes days go by without making much progress, and then, in just a few hours or even a few minutes at times, a glimpse of a solution shows itself which ends up unfolding itself into a new solution/feature or even a change to the approach on how something is done so it could be improved upon.

Current tools/cables released that have OBD unlock support already such as Magic Motorsports, Frieling (many vendors that announced OBD unlock on this forum use this tool provider), CMD, can produce full 4MB readout files that can be used to activate and run with BM3. BM3's DME read feature that has been expanded recently will provide those already unlocked by some tuner out there (regardless of method) an easy way to activate without pulling the DME again as well which will make it super easy to get on board with it, get custom tuned and use anything in BM3 you'd like.

More to follow very soon...

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=89
Appreciate 0