04-25-2018, 10:28 AM   #480
rocklobsta1109
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dope steez View Post
Sure but I don't know how we would see anything show up in the logs at low RPM? Driveability is definitely important but I reckon it will be hard to track those intermittent issues when logging. I guess maybe time your run to the start of the log, then note the time where your issue happens so you can go to the log and cross reference it later? Otherwise there's no way of really determining if anything is off by just reading the logs alone..
It should be possible, in my case at least, to see that at sub 50% throttle and pre throttle boost is up over 12psi that there's an issue there. I don't have a log handy to show this but I've seen 35-40% throttle and pre throttle boost is over 12psi where MAP pressure is at like 6 psi. You can audibly hear the turbo working hard and the car lurches and if you stay in it, it will buck and stumble.

this makes me think part throttle or lower load boost targets are too aggressive. I enjoy a big surge of torque down low but it makes driving the car an on/off switch at a certain point and part throttle modulation in this range becomes a real chore (think in a twisty back road or track environment)
Appreciate 2