alexander7599
Alexander Hartunian
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i

Garage List
2018 BMW 440i  [0.00]
Post [Build] 2018 440i Coupe | F32 | B58

Thread: There isn't really many places that someone who deeply enjoys and allocates a large portion of their life to cars can go and interact with an active community of likeminded enthusiasts to discuss our passion. I noticed on this forum there is not many people showing off in detail their F32 440i... so here I am. I am using this thread as a journal for my journey with my car, to use it as notes and to use it to showcase my progress. Feel free to comment with suggestions, ideas, opinions, and thoughts! One rule: Back up your suggestions/ideas with why.

If you have any questions about your 440i, or B58 engine, post below! If I can't help you, I don't doubt someone will.

Short Origin Story: I started my journey learning about BMW motors with my 2015 328i, of course. I owned that car for 3 years, tastefully and purposefully modified it to close to its full potential and it became very quick for its class. I ended up learning so much over those years that I was now confident in moving up a class to really put my experience and passion in action.

Picked up my 2018 440i in July 2021 with about 19,500 miles. Instantly became obsessed. Spent the next 3 months rigorously learning everything I could about the platform, I do have to give a massive shout out to Kern417 on YouTube, Instagram, and Bimmerpost! If you want to understand how a B58 works and why, put the hours in watching his videos (in combination with independent internet research).

Updates:

09/25/21: The car is still stock, very fast. I have it under warranty and maintenance for two years, I give myself a year before I crack.

I went with dual resonator and muffler delete. Sounds amazing. Last week, I spent about 18 hours working on the paint; the car was clay barred and worked on with the V36, V38, and Blacklight Hybrid Compound from Chemical Guys. Looks like a deep black mirror, black sapphire metallic flakes look amazing. I got a 25% ceramic tint all around, so you can still barely see the red interior from outside!

I started a YouTube channel inspired by Kern417's filming and editing style. Simple and specific car content. If you enjoy BMW videos, subscribe.

Follow my Instagram too! @black440i

09/06/22: ONE YEAR LATER: The car is still very fast, 80% of the time I am in sport+ mode. It has been almost 1 year since the original post, since then the car has seen many highs and (happy to say) very few lows. Having kept a religiously tight maintenance schedule with oil changes every 5000 miles since purchase has helped in making the motor feel as strong as it did when I first bought it. The biggest problem that I have seen was my front heat exchanger being punctured by some road debris leading to coolant loss in the smaller reservoir (which doesn't tell you until you run codes). Not abusing the car's mechanics when daily driving and being graceful with the way the car moves has helped prevent any unnecessary issues from arising. Know the car and how it works. I couldn't be happier with the platform as it is proving a year later that even with modified suspension, fuel system, exhaust, timing, etc, that you can still daily drive and maintain a reliable and powerful car.

Mistakes/Notes:

- Don't buy a 4 piece front splitter, they are very weak and snap in the middle
- Make sure when you get a proper front splitter, to not rush (and use the 3M bonding tape to secure) in your installation because at around 90mph you get wind noise and it WILL break off and fly under and behind your car... guilty
- Make sure after getting a service done at the BMW dealer, that your BMW's firmware is compatible before reflashing a tune back to your car otherwise the DME will lock and you will not be able to start your car
- Don't use the foam brush at a self service car wash because it will destroy all the detailing work you put in, turns out it is literally like wiping your car with a gravel mop
- Install a rock guard for your front heat exchanger, it will break. Rocks on the road or falling off trucks will hit and deform the face of the heat exchanger

--Maintenance Information--

Making Coolant: Bought a gallon of coolant/antifreeze from my local dealer and bought 2 one gallon water jugs. I emptied out one of the water jugs, poured the first one into the other until they were exactly even and then did the same with one gallon of coolant/antifreeze until both jugs were even at the top. Now I have two gallons of BMW 50/50 mix for my car.

Oil Change: Bought one 5 liter and two 1 liter containers of Liqui Moly 5w-40. Oil change was easy and took about 45 minutes. I ended up using the entire 5L container, one full 1L container and half of the other 1L container to fill up the car. Make sure you let the car idle for a minute afterwards, then drive until oil reaches operating temp and measure engine oil via iDrive. Next, reset your oil service interval by using the dash board button menu.
Attached Images

Last edited by alexander7599; 09-06-2022 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 5
cfm56d7b5886.00
mgeller51.50
_das_bae_374.50
xlugoz45.00
F36Vader238.00