View Single Post
      10-11-2021, 10:28 AM   #179
Rdurty2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abzynthe View Post
I didn't realise it was 100 miles. That will probably take me a month to do haha.
I've had a little play with it today and made it shift sooner in the low gears changes by a few % and raised the % on the change down on higher gears just to keep the revs over 1000.
The main problem I was having was that when cruising along at 30mph or 70mph it would be fine, but if I were to accelerate, but not enough to kick down, then the car would lug and judder until it got on boost. I want to eliminate the lugging. Everything else I'm fine with, and overall I'm quite happy with the new map.
I was wrong, 50-75 miles. You shouldn't be changing anything during this time.

Straight from XHP's FAQ:

Do I need to do a run-in-phase?
We do recommend around 50-75 miles of driving without wide open throttle, with varying speed, load scenarios and shifts, so the transmission can adapt to the new software as fast as possible.
This driving-in-phase is only recommended after the initial xHP flash and not needed for subsequent flashes, like map changes or different custom settings etc.

I just flashed my transmission, but the shifts are bad.
Your transmission may behave weird, right after flash, e.g. starting in 3rd. gear. This issue should clear within a few hundred meters of driving. The transmission has extensive adaption-algorithms, to keep shift quality in check over a full life time and even with heavily worn out clutches. The adaptions applied are very sensitive to abrupt changes, as they operate in a narrow window. Therefore, shift quality can suffer in the first few hundred miles, after doing an oil-change, replacing transmission hardware, or changing the TCU software, like with xHP. Don’t overstress your transmission during this adaption phase. The best way to adapt your transmission, is just normal driving in D mode with lots of varying speeds and shifts. We DO NOT advise anybody to clear the adaption values to speed up the process. Depending on the current wear state of your transmission, this can lead to unwanted and permanent bad results.
Appreciate 1
Abzynthe1393.50