View Single Post
      10-07-2020, 11:34 AM   #113
Alloutofdonuts
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335xi

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the motor/wiring to the motor? I think any will be helpful? Long story short, I put an f82 m4 exhaust system on my e90 335 and I’m trying to wire the valves up to a switch &/or remote. I have the connectors and pins for the wiring part but I’m not sure where & what the signal is. I also bought a CG VSC-2 for the project. It just has +/- & the signal wires but I’m not sure if I run the signal to a switch, it will power the vsc-2.

I saw a thread on a mustang forum for a AE retrofit, which uses the same or similar motor, but the user had to cut the motor case openf, and solder 2 wires onto the motor, bypassing the circuit board. I have no problem doing this, and I bought another actuator motor to play with.

My concern is that if there is no timer or limiting controls for the motor, it could keep activated(if the switch or remote button is held too long) until it burns out or breaks the gears. So I’d prefer to keep the factory safeguards. At the same time if the signal is too complicated to replicate I can just rely on my ears to know when to let of the button. I’ve read it activates very wuickly(~1 second?). Thanks for any help or helpful suggestions. And no, ‘go **** yourself’ is not considered helpful lol.
Appreciate 0