View Single Post
      04-03-2018, 11:12 AM   #86
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun1914 View Post
New to BWM world. Coming from a Chrysler 300c 5.7 Hemi lightly modded.
So far with my 328ix Drive N26 I have:
Sport + Coded (a bunch of other fun stuff not stock)
injen Intake
ECS Air Scoops
H&R Springs
Few other things but mostly for look...nothing really adding big performance improvements. I have planned
ER downpipe
Muffler Delete (this is for now..until Exhaust decision)
Exhaust (not sure on which yet ...really depends on how loud the DP and droning)
BM3.
Looking for insight as to the best order in which to tackle these mods?
So, in regards to your plan, I would say go with the downpipe and BM3 first. Ideally, you'd also get an FMIC as well, so you could run a Stage 2 map reliably. If you can't seem to find the budget for it, a DP and tune will let you run a Stage 1 (Stage 1 runs on stock, too). As for the exhaust, I wouldn't recommend a DP and a muffler delete. It's loud, but lacks tone and drones like crazy. Catless DP with stock muffler sounds good IMO. Quiet at normal driving pace and loud when you open up. For aftermarket exhaust, I recommend either AWE or Remus. AWE offers a more exotic tone on WOT, while Remus is a bit deeper. AWE also offers a midpipe (Resonated or not), while Remus doesn't. I'm not sure if you could do AWE midpipe with a Remus muffler, but if you want to go that route, a muffler shop will make it happen.

Ideally, the optimal upgrade path is: Catless DP/FMIC/Tune (Plugs. Will talk in a sec) > CP (If you can do this with the tune, I would. While not absolutely required, you run the risk of cracking the stock one, especially on increased boost.) > CAI/Exhaust.

Other goodies to have that will help maintain reliability, as some fail, would be the chargepipe mentioned above. Another is the GFB DV+. The stock diverter valve is prone to tearing, so upgrading it will prevent leaks and also hold more boost while you're at. As for the plugs I mentioned, it's recommended you upgrade to NGK Laser Iridium Plugs. The part# is SILZKBR8E8S. This is to ensure they run colder and don't crack, so you can run higher boost. These are gapped at 0.020" below 23PSI and 0.018" above 23PSI.

Sorry if I seem like I'm all over the place. Let me know if you need clarification on anything.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 2