02-11-2014, 06:33 AM   #24
MyFastM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
It seems you did not understand what I wrote:

If one has only HBA and no SLI or LDW, then they have FLA ECU and not KAFAS, and it cannot be coded for SLI and / or LDW.

If one has KAFAS ECU, it should be capable of being coded to do SLI, LDW, and or HBA; however, SLI also requires a 7E FSC Enabling Code before it can work, and LDW will work, however it will not vibrate the steering wheel unless the Vibrator is retrofitted in the Steering Wheel. The Triangles on the Side Mirrors are for 5AG Active Blind Spot Detection and have nothing to do with LDW.

You have KAFAS ECU which is one single ECU that is capable of SLI, LDW, and HBA. It may have multiple cameras or lenses, but it is a single ECU. To add LDW, you do not need an FSC Code. The FSC Code is needed for SLI only. You should be able to add 5AD to your VO and VO Code Kombi and KAFAS for LDW to work (without vibration of course).

Ok so I have edited the VO and added 5AD See attached

I then I did the following for KOMBI and for KAFAS2:

Quote:
VO Code:

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on ECU (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.
Is there somewhere you turn LDW on in the NBT or KOMBI reason I am asking is I took a test drive on the highway and let the car stray off the lanes and no warning appeared on the kombi or HUD.

Just trying to find out if I should be setting something else?
Appreciate 0