View Single Post
      02-12-2014, 09:46 PM   #42
Fenster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFastM3 View Post
I haven't seen a reference to fdw in the code but I haven't been looking, I do want to turn it on. I can't get ldw to activate. I don't get the visual indication in the kombi both that's it active. I am trying to figure out where in the code it is. Also I have seen screen shots of a collision detection option in the hu_nbt I can't find reference to that in the hu_nbt module to enable that. Maybe @fenster can confirm if he has that option in his nbt?

I am sure we can crack this nut
Not sure what option you are referring to, but will be glad to check if you can be more specific. There is a screen under settings to set FCW to Early, Medium, or Oh S**T , if that's what you're referring to. In any case, you have my HU_NBT CAFD file.

On the LDW warning in KOMBI/HUD, I double/triple checked and the ONLY warning I get is the vibration. Kombi just continues to show it's on (parallel lines) and tracking (arrows), but nothing else when I leave my lane. HUD shows nothing, in spite of manuals/videos to the contrary. On an academic level I hope you find something that affects the displays (because I share your curiosity about these things), but I would never use it because LDW is just always on, and I don't need any more than the arrows to tell me it's tracking and the vibration to tell me I'm screwing up (or getting a little too "spirited").