View Single Post
      02-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #58
MyFastM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Right, so took it to the dealer to fit some M Performance Parts. The parts guy is a good chap and a bottle of good scotch goes a long way

There were some MOST communication errors which were reset using the ICOM8 tool, however he said the FCW and the Pedestrian warning were permanent warnings. He would have to reprogram the car on Monday (so it's booked in).

When I looked at the fault both of the warnings / errors were related to ACC (advanced cruise control), which is interesting as I didn't turn any of it (ACC) on I added the option to VO and VO coded KAFAS (first as read on another forum) then KOMBI. Both of them are referring to a short to the ACC system (which makes sense as there is no ACC system).

I am wondering two things:

1. If I find where there is a reference to the ACC and disable it will the errors go away?
2. Maybe the VO option we added Shawn was for the advanced FCW and LDW that uses ACC instead of using the KAFAS camera? Maybe the key sits with a different VO option....

The other interesting error was the FCW was trying to change something in the DSC ECU and it was getting a deny error since the function it was calling did not exisit... so maybe along with the KAFAS2, KOMBI the DSC ECU needs to be coded.

The puzzle carries on.

Shawn is there no tool out there to reset the "permanent errors" or is it find the code fault and fix it not a reset issue?

incidentally he said to me SLI requires a FSC but he never heard of LDW or FCW requiring on as the FSC code for SLI unlocks the KAFAS2 ECU to allow its functions.

@Fenster - Thank you for the pics and file I really do appreciate it
Appreciate 0