View Single Post
      03-26-2015, 11:36 AM   #99
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
Man.. i'm getting impatient waiting for all my parts to arrive Everybody's done with their retrofit already or finishing up their coding... dang.

I only just got my metric step drill bits in and my Vata-Pro sensors (Ebay) today. I was hoping the default white paint that they used on the sensors would match Alphine White, but alas, its way brighter, so it would really stick out. Good thing i ordered some Alpine White touch up paint/cc. I'm not good with painting where the goal is a thin even layer... esp when the touch up paint tube is like a bottle of white-out with that little useless brush. I already read what roxxor and steelerfan did - any other tips you guys have for getting a good even coat would be appreciated.

I decided to drill a practice hole this afternoon while i'm waiting. One good thing i found out is that an 18mm drill step bit creates the PERFECT sized hole. I lucked out too. The drill bit i used had the 18mm step as the last one on the drill bit, so i didn't really have to think about it - I just drilled straight to the end and pushed it through. I practiced on a peg board and i was pretty amazed how perfect and snug the sensor was against the hole BOOM
Nice work! Yeah its even harder doing it on a step bit that ends in 20mm. My PDC holes were fine, but when I did the holes for the Parking Assistant, well, let's just say there is a little bit of a gap
Appreciate 0