erwinscastillo
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 (320d M Sport)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baile508 View Post
I have the 8.8" NBT.
For a video just google "smartauto uni carplay" the 1st 3 links are to the manufactures website. The 3rd link has a video. The website for the manufacturer is unichip-tec dot com.

I have not had any problems with buzzing, the sound quality is very good.

I have the micophone just sticking out of the trim above the rearview mirror. I just routed the wire around the edge of the windshield and under the trim beneath the glove box which you have to remove to remove the glove box anyways. You cant see the wire at all. Siri understands me every time so that spot seems to work fine.

The manufacturer does have decent customer service. They contacted me on whatsapp to double check what unit i had to make sure they were sending the right one. They messaged me the tracking info and when they would ship it. They also followed up to see if i installed it and if i had any problems. I didnt and the girl was very surprised since most people don't have a clue how to install it. It doesnt help that they didnt send the manual and i had to ask for it.

PM me and i will send the whatsapp phone number of the person i worked with from them. She said to have anybody i know who is interested to reach out to her.
Hi, are your legacy systems working fine (aux, usb), as said before the system is working very snappy for me but the sound is not good, it buzzes worse than AM radio and I noticed it also affected my usb/aux which now only sound dodgy, maybe I have a problem with the cables or unit I received.

I must admit they have been very helpful on whatsapp and are trying to help me figure out the issue but so far no luck and I have double checked everything, I even uninstalled the whole system to confirm my legacy systems were fine.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
Appreciate 0