View Single Post
      05-29-2018, 09:10 AM   #23
Taechit
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320D MY2016

Did anyone test Google voice command app or Siri in Carplay? Can you use it flawlessly?
I still can't solve my problem with the microphone T_T

Below is my review from old thread, just repost it here
I've ordered this unit from Ugode last month and have used it for around 3 weeks. Actually it's good unit like Supernova66 said. It's smoother than my old Android head unit from QDIS (Dual core Telechips with 1GB ram), thanks to 2GB of ram. The screen is bright and clear, even it has only 480p native resolution. The sound from android side is not so different from BMW NBT side, but you need to set the sound level in android only half (20 from 40), otherwise the sound will crack.

My original NBT is 6.5 inch without Navi. After learning some coding, I can code the original screen to wide mode and look like original 8.8 screen with split screen function.
HU_NBT > 3000 HMI > DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION = 10.25_1280x480
HU_NBT > 3001 EXBOX > DISPLAY_VARIANTE = breites_display

GPS antenna should be placed out of the car (I kept it at windscreen, outside of the car), otherwise it take very long time to find and lock the satellite. (15min inside the car or under the bonnet vs. 2-3 min outside the car)

I've also bought Carplay autobox adapter (white dongle) and using with this unit. It's working and the aspect ratio is good, but you need to touch the screen to control it. Unfortunately, the original iDrive knob can only move the selection, but can't select the function by pressing it.

My unit came with firmware from Jan 2018, which was still containing some Chinese character in launcher. After talking with Alice Wong, who gave me good support, she sent a new firmware (Mar 2018 version) and I've upgraded it. Right now every part is in English. I think when you guys order this unit, it will be shipped with the lastest firmware.

However, there are some problems which I met and it can't be solved with the new firmware
1. The 3G/4G USB dongle is not support. You need to use WiFi hotspot.
2. The Wi-Fi is not connect automatically, which is troublesome. It can be connected automatically only if you turn on WiFi hotspot before the cold boot. If it's in ready state and you turn on the hotspot, it will not connect. You need to manually connect it. After some research, this is the problem with Android 7.1.1 and there's same problem in other unit that run this version of Android.
3. From 1&2 - I tried to root the unit to correct it. Right now this unit can't be root with Kingroot or Kingoroot, always failed -_-"
4. The OBDII bluetooth can't be connected. I've found that the bluetooth function is completely govern by Bluetooth special app that come with the launcher. The original bluetooth screen can't turn on or off the bluetooth. I think this is the cause and now still find the way to disable the app (I think it need to be root first)
5. The most annoying and important problem is that the microphone part is not function*** T_T
Alice said that the microphone can only be used with bluetooth calling, but for me it's not working at all. Even bluetooth calling, Siri command with Carplay adapter, or Google voice command. Right now I still have no idea how to correct it. Maybe I will try USB microphone.
Appreciate 1
S_Onyx52.00