View Single Post
      09-10-2015, 01:49 PM   #14
hrvojehk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
Very solid write up hrvojehk! This kind of makes me want to revisit tackling this project.

In researching just a little bit, I don't see why the replacement of the door wiring or the entire mirrors is needed. The HSD wire for inside the door(from mirror to connector) is part #61129281712. This would be all that is needed and would save from having to replace the entire door harness.

As for the mirror, the bottom piece of the mirror which has the mounting point for the camera runs about $24 USD each, depending on if you have the high gloss shadow line or not. The bigger issue here is that there appears to be a small HSD wire that goes from the camera to the mirror connector inside the housing. In searching around, I was able to find a small 14" HSD wire for inside the mirrors on the X5 with a part # of 61119244256. If hrvojehk or someone else who has the Surround View installed can remove their mirror cap and see if there is a sticker with the part # attached, we could search for that part number and then it would just be a matter of ordering the bottom part and the wire instead of spending hundreds to replace the whole mirror.

The new mirrors are not mandatory for the retrofit, but I found used mirrors pretty cheap, so I dediced not to bother with modifying the existing ones. Also, I can sell the old mirrors and get some money back.

Regarding the part #61129281712, I don't think it's a full HSD wire. I think it connects camera to the mirror connector inside the housing. Actually, I'm pretty sure about that.

Last edited by hrvojehk; 09-10-2015 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 0