Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteo88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
My deal is kinda shitty compared to some of them out there but that's cause I had some negative equity carried over from my M3 ($5K I was told).

2017 440i xDrive Gran Coupe
Premium essential
M Perf 1 and 2 (which is what I wanted and this car was more $ than most others of better colours I liked such as Estoril Blue)
48 months
16,000 km's
Just around $950/month all in

That being said my dealer offered to switch me out in a year to any vehicle (including same but brand new if I wanted) without any penalties and extra costs regardless of how much mileage I put on it in a year. Presumably at that time my monthly payments will go down as I won't have any carried over negative equity like I did with my M3. And that's exactly my plan, if I find something else I like I will lease that otherwise even get a brand new 440 instead. Now I understand that 440 isn't exactly 340 and it's slightly more $ I think but hopefully this helps somewhat.
i can't click appreciate yet so i have to type a reply. that's some good info. the negative equity on the old ride does add another factor but i'm thinking anything over $800/month pre tax isn't worth it for me. i can manage the payments but don't want to overpay, particularly because it's not *exactly* the car i want. not being able to link the dual climate control is almost a deal breaker for me lol. and the auto wipers are a pain in the ass too.
Yup makes sense. For me it was somewhat different because I wanted to get out of financing and into leasing. Even at my current payments they are a little less than the M3 but not enough to justify the 'downgrade' if that was the only factor. Plus the way I negotiated like I said I only have to deal with these for a year and then if I opt for the same car I'll be at lower payments. Or I could get whatever, which I am thinking of getting back in another M car like the M6 or 650 Gran coupe of not M car. But it's important to deal with a salesman that has enough pull who can do these kinda swaps for you if the need arises. My guy is in Vancouver and I am in Edmonton. I made the drive still. Even tho my local bmw guy I've bought 3 M's from couldn't do the same deal. Pm if you need contact info. Cheers and good luck.
Appreciate 0