View Single Post
      11-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #74
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
I understand that but I don't think you will be able to get Saddle without getting the modern line. I know the UK configurator is different but if you build from a base model you have the choice of black or beige.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it will be different.
No, I think you are most probably correct. That is to say that, in fact, ordering no line at all pigeon holes you into a few select choices, exactly as ordering one of the lines does. In other words, specifying no line is quite literally like specifying the "base line", and you are thus limited to two interior colors and three interior trims (I mispoke in an early post regarding trim choices - I said 2 rather than 3). You are also limited to black kidney grills, and either flat or glossy black exterior trim. Your wheels choices are also limited. This was all described by southlight in one of the past threads on the topic.

Perhaps it would be helpful to add the "base line" to the chart in the first post (well, assuming that the situation in the US end up being the same as the UK, as I suspect).
Appreciate 0