03-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #91
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA///MES View Post
Frosty,
I'm not an elitist however, regardless of where the Hyundai comes from, I bought the M for performance and because I wanted something different, I've also wanted an M3 since I was about 14 years old. I've got a blue collar job and my M is the most expensive vehicle I've ever owned, not to mention it took two deployments to a shithole to be able to afford the car and all the mods, so spare me the guilt trip!

I think we are deviating from the point that BMW should make these parts avaliable to those who are loyal to their brand and forked out the extra cash solely for the performance. BMW is bastardizing the M reputation by enabling everyone to put these various parts not offered to those who have the car. That's all I'm saying. It would be nice for them to take care of us seeing as how we pend large sums of money to get the maximum potential out of the car. Like Longbow said, the brakes on the CRT would be fine. I'm not trying to put down brembo, they make a great product but putting them on nearly all the Genesis coupes really doesn't appeal to me simply because I am used to seeing brembo on high end cars.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but BMW needs to stop solely thinking about profits and maintain some integrity and loyalty to those who spend the money for the performance rather than just having the look.
First off Kudos for putting in so much hard work to acquire an M3 (I cant afford one currently and would love that NA engine)... secondly I agree entirely with you that the ///M brand is fading into a marketing logo, i as well am disappointed to see it having fallen in love with what that represented to me.. the mantra seems to be that all this logo-a-rama is allegedly to allow advancement... personally im not into perpetual growth.. make an amazing product and keep doing it.

For those like yourself we can see that the logo badge stuff is fluff... the thing about an M car is the overall package... suspension etc... those parts are generally unique in the "greater than the some of their parts" way adding //M logo stuff piece meal will not replicate currently... when you can parts bin create an M from a baseline car easily then the ///M will have died... were getting closer but were not there yet.. You and I will both be sad when it happens
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0