09-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #11
GoranBonn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 330d SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnoussairi View Post
Hello GoranBonn,

Thank you for such a comprehensive review. I have had this issue for over a year and could not seem to get any leads whatsoever from any forums online (you can check out my post on http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=902485).

However, I would like know: after reinstalling the new gear shifter, did it require recoding/reprogramming or did it work immediately after?

Many thanks!
Hey mnoussairi,

sorry to hear you have the same issue - hope my solution works for you as well.

The shifter didn't require any coding whatsoever. One of the threads I linked above discusses the fact that you can swap the normal and sport shifter levers interchangeably without any coding. They have a different physical design but electrically are apparently the same.

My car, even though it's a 2013, has been updated by dealer at one point in 2016 to the latest i-step available, so isn't even running the software release from the factory. The production date on the shifter I bought from ebay was something like 2013 or 2014 I think, with the same part number, and it worked like a charm even on the newer software in the car. So definitely isn't dependant on the i-step level.

EDIT: And another thing: when replacing the shifter, I simply had the car switched off - I didn't disconnect the battery. I just parked the car unlocked in my driveway and had the car in off mode (iDrive off, no LED lit on the shifter).

Last edited by GoranBonn; 09-11-2017 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0