View Single Post
      09-17-2021, 09:15 AM   #21
sclayton1006
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Hi everyone,

I have registered to reply to this post as I have also had this problem intermittently and it is now resolved, thanks to the knowledge and comments in this thread. The long and short of this is that the selector needed to be replaced in mine, but some history is below:

I bought my car in March 2021 during UK lockdown 2 and because of distancing, I wasn't able to test drive the car. I bought the car on the promise that if I wasn't happy with it after a week or 100 miles (whichever came first) I could take the car back.

After 89 miles, the chiming started with no real answer for what could be causing it. I took the car back to the seller who diagnosed the problem to be with the auxiliary battery, which was replaced.

Within a week of receiving the car back the chime when selecting drive came back, so the car was booked in again to be investigated. The seller had a process whereby if they couldn't fix it in the first visit then the car went to BMW. During the second visit no fault could be found (because the fault was intermittent) so the car was returned back to me.

Within a day the chime was back and worse than ever. I took the car yet again to the seller who sent it back to BMW again. After keeping the car for two weeks I received a call stating that the fault had been located and the selector was going to be changed.

We're now over a month down the road and the chime has gone. It sounds from some peoples experiences that this fault takes some pushing to get them to listen to you. Persist!

Good luck everyone

SC
Appreciate 1
GoranBonn144.00