View Single Post
      05-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #927
bluemark
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

As SamGh says, this is a design flaw in the F3x vehicles. It is not due to the size of the mirrors as I have driven a car with the mirror removed and the noise is still present. I had my 2012 F30 into the dealer several times with them adjusting doors, changing seals, shimming windows, etc with nothing fixing the issue, but instead, creating rattling issues. My hearing is not great, but the wind noise in my F30 and current F36 is the same and occurs in the same location near the upper B pillar and at the same speed >50 mph. From 2012, I have probably driven a dozen or more F3x vehicles and every one of them have the same wind noise issue. I believe the issue is with the thickness of side glass or the use of non noise deadening glass or perhaps a lack of door insulation. But, for anyone that is told by their dealer it is due to the size of the mirrors, tell them to go drive a Ford F-250 and explain why those suckers don't create hurricane forced wind noise! Let's all wait for the next generation to see if BMW addresses it, but if not, I, for one, will not be getting another BMW.
Appreciate 0