11-29-2017, 04:53 AM   #941
bluemark
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by outspiral View Post
I'm shocked no reply on this.. Almost 7 year long thread about wind noise. I just sold my '10 A4 and bought a '14 335i msport.. and here I am. A4 had no wind noise compared to this. The FIRST thing I did when driving on the highway after leaving the bmw dealer is check to see if a window was open.. Absolutely loving this car but the wind noise is an issue.. and oddly enough I think the passenger mirror sucks for visibility, but I'm researching one thing at a time.

Has anyone tried this fix with the mirror gap?
Although I don’t dispute the mirrors may have been the cause of some noise, it certainly wasn’t the source of noise in my F30. The dealer did the so called mirror fix on mine twice, replaced door seals, shimmed the windows and countless tests all to determine it’s a plain and simple design flaw. I have not driven in an F30 that does not have significant wind noise. I’ve even driven in a car with an owner that claims his had no wind noise, but it also had wind noise. This is a definite design flaw that I suspect won’t be fixed until the redesign.
Appreciate 0