View Single Post
      03-06-2020, 08:08 PM   #17
Icarium81
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018, 330i xdrive

I raced my WRX everywhere, before knowing they had a glass gearbox, no issues with mine though, and for me I found you just needed balls to push the gas when you would think you should be braking.
I was racing a guy in traffic (I was young then) down a highway, switched from the middle lane to left most, he went to the right lane, the left lane cars were slowing for no reason, I had barely passed the car in the center lane, whipped it to the right, went completely perpendicular to the flow of traffic, got the front half of the car in the middle lane, counter steer the slide, floor it, and it straightened out like a dream, back in the middle lane. I definitely got lucky, but it was go big or go into the back of the car in the left lane. Certainly wasn't something I'd recommend.
Another time I was cruising through a blizzard, about 8 to 12 inches of snow on the ground, late at night, I was doing maybe 120 and a cop pulled out to get me from a 3way intersection, I watched him sliding across all 3 lanes for about a block before he straightened it out, I just slowed and let him catch up, no real way to get away from him radioing ahead, I was one of the only cars on the road that night so I'd be easy to spot, pulled over and he just told me to slow it down a bit. I wasn't drifting then, just driving faster than conditions would dictate as being safe.... despite not sliding around at all.
Appreciate 0