Thread: pc or mac
View Single Post
      07-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #60
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Why do windows guys have to be so defensive and act like babies and prove 1000000 reasons why PC is better then mac. Are you sad that Mac is becoming more popular? No one system is better then the other.

I use both and both have their ups and downs.

I had a 800 HP laptop that lasted only 1.5 years because the hard drive overheated and smoke starting coming out of my system.

I replaced it with the $1399 Macbook 4 years ago, and my system is still buttery smooth like new.

I had a small problem with the macbook charger and they gave me a new charger and battery (even though my battery was fine) no questions asked and I was even out of their 1 year warranty period. That was like 200$ I just saved.

I find mac to be a lot easier for daily use, i.e browing the internet and chatting, checking e-mail, youtube, etc.

On the other hand, I use bootcamp and have windows 7 installed.

I really hate windows now because you have to choose to run things in compatibility mode, run as administrator, etc. If I am running as the admin of the computer, I should be able to run anything no questions asked.

Its like this,

*Click on program*
Error: Please run in compatibility mode el o el
*Right Click, run as windows vista program*
Error: Only administrators can access this program
*I am the only account on this computer, I am admin*
*Right click, run as admin*
Program works : )

Aside from that, windows 7 is amazing and is great to use. A lot of the programs I use at work at windows only, and I like windows use it a lot as a programmer.

Some things are easier on mac and others are easier on windows.

Both rock!