03-10-2015, 10:44 AM   #55
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lyfe View Post
you can just go to your dealership and give them the part number
they will tell you its backordered form germany but they can still get it for you
well, my dealer told me they cant get that cable in the US. its not the fact that the part came from germany, my control unit bracket was only a Germany item & they were able to get that no problem... If you look at realoem or the link that someone posted above, if you select your car was a USA build, the retrofit cables are no longer an option. If i select a Europe build for example, amazing i have a retrofit cables option (same for realoem btw)

lots of us also use tischer BMW at getbmwparts.com as they have the best prices i've seen for OEM parts... item not found. This BMW dealership out of Atlanta that keeps popping up on searches... part not found.

So several of us have been speaking from experience, things are different for us on these retrofit cables in the US. Please post the dealership & the price you paid. I ended up ordering my retrofit cables from Bimmertech & paid about $700 for 3 cables. so please let us know what dealer you found b/c i want to order future retrofit cables & don't want to pay Patryk's prices. It wasn't exactly an easy process either & took about 2-3 weeks to get my cables.
Appreciate 0