View Single Post
      10-16-2019, 04:00 PM   #1
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

6MT clutch issues from a start

Hello,

I am having an issue with my new to me 2016 340 with a manual. This is my second manual F30, previous was a 2014 335, and have had a long line of manual bmws prior to this. Been driving with three pedals for 20+ Years. So with that said please save the learn to drive comments. Hahahha

My problem is the clutch will shudder/chatter as I take off from a stop in first gear, but only after it has been driven for awhile. When it is cold it is smooth and I barley have to give it any gas to get going. After awhile though it starts to shudder with the same input and I have to add more rpm or start to slip it a tiny bit so the car rolls and then push the clutch in all the way and let it out like normal. If I have been in traffic for a long time it's brutal. To get it not to chatter I have to slip it a ton with 1500+ rpm and I don't like doing that cause it's causing unnecessary wear and heating the clutch up that much more. Shifts into higher gears once moving are fine. It doesn't slip and is smooth.

Anyone else have similar characteristics? My last f30 didn't do this so I am wondering if maybe the previous owner wasn't so nice to the car. It is a CPO so I can take it to the dealer but I know this is going to be an uphill battle because it is fine when cold. And they don't tend to spend a lot of time looking into issues.
Appreciate 0