View Single Post
      05-19-2017, 12:47 PM   #6
ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by odus View Post
the photoshopped picture got me I was like no way 18's looking good wait photoshopped they would look too small. love the design I would be interested in 19's also
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
sm-10 in 19s would be my vote.
Thank you for your interest, I answered similar questions/comments in regards to 19" wheels in another thread, so I'll paste my response here.

At APEX, our driving force is to equip the performance driving community with quality, lightweight wheels tailored to each specific chassis, ensuring proper fitment while maximizing the fender space at hand.

Incorporating this mindset, when we first release a new design or fitment for a specific chassis, our goal first and foremost is to provide track / performance driving enthusiasts with cost effective solutions which offer up maximum performance. There are a host of benefits with 18" wheels as many of you know:
  • Reducing weight / rotational mass which has a dramatic effect on performance overall
  • More tire sidewall equates to a more comfortable ride quality as well as better rim protection
  • More tire options (this is evolving over time however)
  • Cheaper tire options which leads to cheaper seasonal running costs

With brakes increasing in size from the factory, not all wheel manufactures offer 18" wheels that can clear properly. These two new APEX designs were constructed specifically to accommodate the large factory brakes as well as a variety of massive aftermarket BBK's like the Brembo 6 piston 380mm kit.

We understand that the first release may not please everyone. Once we have released wheels for this specific segment of the market, we always have the option of following up with alternate diameters and sizing should their be enough demand from the community.