View Single Post
      07-17-2018, 09:43 PM   #2168
toddyus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhawk View Post
@Sushi eater: you have to try it, here are two pictures. The first one is how my camera cables are. Two yellow connectors for the video picture and red and black for the camera power.
On the picture they connect it to the rear light, I tried that but if your PDC is on and you switch from the rear gear to the first or N your display goes black if you connect it to the red power on the head unit the camera and picture stays on even if you are in first gear and PDC is still active.

And there is another picture, but I really don't know what the two read cables are for.
Nickhawk, I installed my camera in an E90 without PDC sensors, so I can't guarantee this will work for you, but it may.

The red cable next to the yellow RCA connects to the +12V red wire on the Android harness, the red cable near the camera at the back of the car does not get connected at all. Then, run a separate wire from the brake light harness up to the head unit (see image below) and connect that to the "360 camera det" wire on the Android harness.

Finally, ground the black wire. You can connect it to the chassis or, like I did, connect it to ground in the tail light harness. You'll need to determine which wires are which in the tail light harness. Attached is a photo from my E90. The brown wire is ground, the other is the power for the backup light. This wire provides the signal to the head unit that the car is in reverse and gets wired up to the head unit "360 camera det" wire:

(Note, if there is another source on the F30 to provide a signal when the car is in reverse, you can use that. I just don't know of it.)

I did not need to wire in any type of relay to make this work.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0