View Single Post
      10-25-2023, 12:02 AM   #86
Olivi4rFTW
Rep
Drives: Bmw; e91(318D) // f30(330Dx)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
I have a stock base 328i. I am in the process of doing a 6-pin basic to 5-pin high mirror upgrade and at the same time lane change warning. I do not need steering wheel heating, but had to get a steering wheel ECU module that does vibrator motor. Apparently, my car does not currently have a steering wheel ECU module, as there are no power (Pin 9) and ground pin (Pin 11) on the A83/1B connector (entire left row is missing). Only the right row is there which is filled up by the six airbag wires.

I am not about the buy a new clock-spring (steering column switch cluster) so will just run the power and (FEM) ground wire directly to the new steering wheel ECU module (Pin 3 and 6), bypassing the connector.

Did anyone run into this issue? I would have thought that BMW has at least the pins there. But seems like I would need an entire different part number clock-spring to have those pins there. Or there are a lot more things going on inside the clock-spring's circuit board?

Sample picture from the internet:

Actual switch have:

Did you manage to get it working powering directly to the steeringwheel module without switching szl? i have an f31 with HBA and rainsensor, so there is only 1 option for an szl 61319351154 (the full option one) but this unicorn isnt widely available. Anyone tryed bypassing the szl connector?
Appreciate 0