View Single Post
      03-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #65
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuerza View Post
So in the new 3 series platform there with be a 328, 335, M3, 3GT, 3 Grand Coupe. Will the 3GT and 3GC be anything like the 3 series? 5 different "models" of the same platform seems excessive. And that doesn't account for coupe, sedan, convertible variations.
Actually, you are sort of mixing body styles with trim levels. But, yes, if the 3-based GranCoupe is approved for production there will be 5 body styles in the US - sedan, coupe, convertible, hatchback, and four door coupe. Each will be available as either a 28i model with an N20B20 engine or 35i model with an N55B30 engine. I don't think this is too many since we already have four today (we've got the first three plus the wagon, but that won't come to US going forward).

I have a feeling the 3 GT is going to look a lot better than people are expecting, and I also think the 4 GC will look stunning. I'll bet these models are going to have a lot of people back pedaling on their first impressions and becoming converts once we see the final results.
Appreciate 0