View Single Post
      07-28-2018, 10:02 AM   #1
NWest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Final 4 year/50k service

I'm at 42K mi and went in for my final complimentary oil change yesterday, thought I'd share my experience:

Asked my SA to check out brake pads, firmware version, and possible drive line clunk when accelerating and shifting.
1. Brake pads are at 11mm front, 8.5mm rear - surprised at how much life was left (replacement is around 3MM-4MM).
2. Said I had never had any programming updates done on my car in their records, and if I wanted to, they'd need it for the day to do updates. Asked if this would be covered under 4 year/50K service and they said yes - and that I would be charged if I did this out of that warranty period - so going to schedule separate service date for this.
3. They checked engine and trans mounts, couldn't find any issues for the sound I described.

Other than the above the Dealer did an oil service, replaced the cabin filters, and changed the spark plugs (which I didn't know was covered under this maintenance - for free), topped off fluids, and re-set tire pressure to spec.

They also noted that I had an "aftermarket intake charge tube" and "aftermarket suspension" in their service notes.

Overall I left feeling good about the experience, and will set time for additional appointments (reprogramming, misc issues) before I hit the 50K mark in the coming months.
Appreciate 4
ErkanTR16598.00
Fr3sh29.50
anotheran389.00